What software will allow me to batch-remove EXIF data from a large number of photos?

Jack D March 8, 2014

I used this duplicate photo finder to clean my image collection. I am really impressed with that tool as it detected the JPG files that I converted from my Nikon NEF files and also found similar photos. Now I need a tool that can clean the EXIF info automatically from 10,000+ images so manual tool is not an option for me.
Anything reliable that can do this?

1. Neil

I have various utilities for exif modification or erasure but the simplest is Exif Eraser ( google it for a link ) Its free, simple to use and can batch process.

2. Jack D

Thank you.
    Here is the tool that I used:
    [Ed note: link removed - site identified as forum spammer]

Chris Hoffman wrote an excellent article on the subject on MakeUseOf: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-to-remove-exif-metadata-from-photos-and-why-you-might-want-to/ where he recommends a tool called Metability QuickFix.
    There's a tool called Easy Exif Delete which got good reviews on CNET, but I've never tried it myself. Finally, you can use IrfanView by batch converting all your image files, and unticking the "Keep original EXIF data" option, but this is likely to reduce your photos' quality somewhat.