What software should I use to for organising and keeping notes, calendaring etc?

conan October 6, 2014

Which software is best for organizing and keeping notes, calendar dates, etc? There are many such applications like Intellinote, moo.do, trello, beesy.me, remember the milk, etc and I am sooooo confused trying them all I do not understand which one is any good at all!

Please guide me asĀ  to which one is best for use on PC and which for phone use (free software only please)!

Conan, these programs don't all do the same job. Trello, for example, is intended more for project management and collaborations.

If you are simply looking for a place to keep and organise notes and materials of all sorts, Evernote is a very popular solution. It works on PCs and mobile platforms and sync's between them as well. For calendar work, I can recommend GMail, which has a calendar function built in. On a PC you can access it through a web browser or through Thunderbird Lightning (you'll need to add the "Provider for Google Calendar" add-on). On phones you can use one of several calendar apps that are compatible with GMail.