What software would you recommend for producing a business newsletter?

Anonymous April 23, 2014

I would like to create a business newsletter 3 times a year for an organization called Art in Giving. My time is very limited. I tried to use Publisher but find it a bit challenging. Would you have a recommendation for an easy to use tool that is not too expensive?

Thank you, Eliane

In most cases, Publisher isn't required to do newsletters. You can still do professional quality newsletters in MS Word or any of its open source equivalents and in many cases it is easier than getting to know the quirks of Publisher. So if you already have the MS Office suite, give it a shot doing it in Word before shelling out more money for another product.

Also the Mail Chimp suggested above is more for email marketing campaigns much like the Marketing edition of Group Mail although Group Mail Personal may help depending on your particular circumstances i.e., if these newsletters are delivered via email rather than printed for distribution.

2. flora

Mail Chimp

Dear Aliane,

I can wholeheartedly recommend Serif Publisher X7, which costs around £61 (about $100). It is eminently learnable (and comes with a printed guide) and therea rae plenty of publication templates available for it, including several designs for business newsletters. There are also free versions of the software which, while they are based on an older version and have some limitations, should allow you to try it out for yourself and see if it's right for you.