What is the best software for an online Talk Show?
Question by Dave W in Berkeley /

I want to set up an online Talk Show focusing on live interviews by webcam with viewer input. Thus I need two large-ish video windows and text or voice input capability for viewers to chime in, plus recordability/postability for later re-viewing. A transmittable web-page viewer would also be good for posting news, celebrity photos, video clips etc.

Suggestions? Thank you.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , .
Awesome Internet (and Tips)
Awesome Internet (and Tips)
Stay Anonymous Online
Stay Anonymous Online
Deep Web Links & Tips
Deep Web Links & Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Web Security & Privacy
Web Security & Privacy
Music Apps & Sites
Music Apps & Sites
Mac OSX Tips & Issues
Mac OSX Tips & Issues

• Dwinet

Thank you for the idea.  Not clear about the IRC thing. If they're not connected how can they hear me and respond?

• Amnon Nissan

VidBlaster together with Skype, works like a charm.  Check out my talk show at http://www.computers2know.com and see how things are flowing.  We have guests calling via Phone, GoogleVoice, TalkShoe, PalTalk, and Skype.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Amnon!

• MrKimB

Hi David, What you have planned looks interesting but IMHO I don't think the technology is THERE just yet. I spend a lot of time on VOIP conference call etc. and I know there is a lot of packet delay to contend with...video is even worse. You, your celeb. guest and your caller-inners ;-) will be talking over each other and it'll look very unprofessional and will be frustrating at best.
    With a slight change in how you go about it, you could make it look really great. Look into OOVOO PRO http://www.oovoo.com/Buy.aspx?pname=Plans (I'm not an affiliate) the side by side screens (as I remember) are a really nice size.
    On day one you could interview your celeb.
    Day two: edit out all the dead air, phones ringing in the background, sneezing etc.
    Day three: post it to your video blog and ask for comments and questions....

Once you get a "following" you can tell them in advance who you are going to be interviewing and ask for questions which you'll ask in the taped video interview (Don't forget to give them credit for "the great question" in the video.

That type of recognition will go a long way to getting your video interview passed around a lot more."
    Very few professional interviewers open the show to people calling in...that's akin to attornies asking questions which they don't know the answers to....the smart ones don't do that.

Good luck with your show David.

Kim

• Jeffery Fabish

David Pierce posted an article here on how to do so (see resources)
    Article: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-host-your-own-talk-show-online/ I would recommend Skype. It allows call-ins, video, recording, etc. If you use Skype + IRC, users currently not connected can hear you, respond or call in based on what you're talking about.