What is the best software to help me to install drivers?

Overlod Eyser November 4, 2012

Is there any software that can help me to install driver on a re-installed Windows 7 (assuming I don’t have any driver CD/DVD)?

1. prasad kondaveti

driver genius app is the one of the way.

2. Nathaniel Fleur

hello, based on my experience. I find driver detective http://www.driverdetectiveregistrationkey.com/ to be better than the other driver update programs. Ahm, i just want to tell you that it's not free. But personally, I go for the driver updater that are not for free because they have more features and they are more effective. You can find other on the internet.

3. Christopher Sage

For finding the right drivers for my PC, I usually don't do it manually because it's time consuming and it's even confusing..You know I tried several driver updater to date but for me, Driver Detective -- driverdetectiveregistrationkey.com is the best.. It works great..Just check it out and see if it works for you too.

4. Marian Cimbru

Everybody said "go to manufacturer's website" but first of all you need the drivers for the network card. To get them I'm using 3DP Net software which recognize a lot of network cards. After the network drivers are installed I'm using another app from that website, named "3DP Chip". To get all of this go to http://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/index_eng.html

5. Gianna Marie Lanete

go to your manufacturer and download the drivers. :}

6. Boni Oloff

Many laptop is bring their driver CD. But if you cant find them, you can try to find them in the laptop support website.

7. Brandon Clark

Windows update is always the best bet, if it's not there then moving to the manufacturers website is the next best bet, otherwise Google is your friend if it's for something that is no longer supported,

8. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Your best bet is to install them yourself. Automated solutions are not that good.
    Double Driver, on the other hand, backs up your existing drivers so you can easily restore them next time you need them. But you already reinstalled your machine so...

• Douglas Mutay

Agree with you.

Try Slim Drivers Free available here http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html?tag=mncol;1
    Many so called free Driver Updaters just scan you system then want you to pay for a licence before they update your drivers.

• Joseph Bianca

Thats what i use slim driver so it gets in from the computer model website

10. Christopher Harlan

If you'd rather pay than do a little work, then programs like device doctor sometimes help. IObit game booster or Advanced System care may do the trick for free. But the best way to update anything is go to the manufacturer website and just download the files (also free).

11. Nikhil Chandak
  12. Shankar C

driver genius professional is the best software i have ever used. U can even backup drivers

Hello, personally I have never dependen on any software for downloading drivers. I rather visit manufacturer's website and get drivers from there. As a side note, I would not worry too much about drivers specially with windows 7. The operating system is efficient enough to recognize what drivers you need and finds/installs them for you. Only thing to keep in mind that drives found by windows 7 are most times generic, that means they are enough to run your system without problems but whenever installation is finished, make sure to look for drivers from manufacturer's.

14. Adam Campbell

Use the manufacturers website or just let windows automatically download them for you. On the other hand if you need these drivers in order to get online, then you have to go find them download them and finally move them over to the Win7 computer using a flash drive.

15. Aniket Singh

u should try manufacturer website...they will provide og software...........

16. Aniket Singh

17. Boni Oloff

You can try Driver Updater from Device Doctor. I haven't using it too, but looks promising.

18. Erlis Dhima

What Yiz says would be one of the best ways.. But I would suggest to go to your computer model official website, and download there the drivers. Some drivers, even if they are updated, they have bugs. And the best way, would be to download the driver recommended for your computer! Also there are some good tools, like Driver Reviver.. But there are also like that!
    P.S.
    I've had some problem with the graphics card, after I updated it!

19. Erlis Dhima

What Yiz says would be one of the best ways.. But I would suggest to go to your computer model official website, and download there the drivers. Some drivers, even if they are updated, they have bugs. And the best way, would be to download the driver recommended for your computer!
    P.S.

20. josemon maliakal

The best way is to download and install drivers manually from manufacture website ......but there is some tools like device doctor
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6655/device-doctor-is-a-completely-free-driver-update-scanner/

All of the "driver maintenance" software I have seen & tried is next to worthless. Many download drivers for the wrong devices, download them from unofficial sources, and in general cause more problems than they are supposed to solve. If Windows Update does not get all of your hardware drivers installed (or updated as appropriate), go the the manufacturer website for your system (if HP, Dell, Acer or the like) or to the individual manufacturers of the devices in your system (motherboard, video card, mouse, monitor, etc) and download the proper drivers from the source. In general, you will have better results using this method rather than relying on some type of generic driver update software.

22. Yiz Borol

The best way to install drivers is to go to your manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there. This ensures you receive the most up-to-date drivers, registered for your computer.