What’s the best software for deleting duplicate files?

David November 29, 2011

I have tons of duplicate photos and other general files and documents on my computer, as a result of many different types of back-ups over time. Can anyone recommend a software that can search my computer and external drives and identify and remove the duplicate files?

1. RayInLV

I  have used a program called VisiPics for Pictures and Movies.  It is very  good even looking for files that are the same except for viewing resolution.  In 10,000 on my Daughters we found that 7,000 were duplicates.  To top it off it is Freeware, well organized, easy to use and fully functional.

I'd highly recommend this then one of the other alternatives for other file types.

2. boytoy

I use Advanced System Care Pro, it has a cloned file scanner and file shredder

3. boytoy

DupeScout
    http://www.dupscout.com/
    I think there is also an option to transfert duplicate to another directory.