What software do I need to create an interactive animation?

sahil dave September 11, 2010

I want to make an animation regarding green buildings. It should be interactive, like user should be able to drag and  drop lights, fans, AC etc. They should be able to change the material of walls, types of glass in windows, dimensions of wall etc.

I know there is some animation software like 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, but someone said I can also use Visual Basic.

Please help me! It’s urgent, I have to submit in 15 days.

1. Havaidabtool

you should go to deviantart.com and search this out there are plenty of animations there i think you either use 3dmax or maya

2. Sahil Dave

@AIbek :: Am i looking for a software.....

Hey,all, someone suggested me to use Microsoft Silverlight....I have it on my PC (dont knw who installed it :P) but when i open it, a dialog box appear and when i click ok nothing happens.....Is it a correct version....i dont know wat the hell is that....

A friend of mine also said to use flash, but can anyone tell me how to begin, the above links by ha14 were not that helpful (sorry mate, thanks)...so pls can anyone tell me....

thanks in advance :)

Sahil,

Microsoft Silverlight is not really something you can use. It's a "web application framework", something that's used to create certain types of software and later run that software on the PC. So, in other words, Silverlight is not a software program like Photoshop that you can open and create your files.

Now regarding your problem, unfortunately I don't have any experience with this and therefore can't really suggest any software apps. But experience tells me that even if you find one, you will need to put in a considerable amount of time to learn to how to use it and create the animation.

Hey Sahil,

Are you looking for a software or how to instructions?

4. Sahil Dave

it should be somewhat like this...this sort of interactive...i can change window height, width etc.....
    is this in flash ???
    http://www.susdesign.com/overhang/index.php

• Adityboni_003

this is interactive though it is not exactly flash it is shockwave which can be customized i.e more interactive than flash ,but i have other questions can i have the user give text inputs and can i run the same application on my desktop without the support of a browser on a stand alone video player?