How does a software cracker generate license keys?

Amit Sinha October 4, 2012

How does software cracker generates License key which makes any software fully functional? Can I generate ones for specific programs.

1. andre

my windows installation windows 7 home basic ask for an activation produck key.....I dont have such a key please help me

3. GrrGrrr

I think crackers are able to understand and find the algorithm used for license generation. Hence, using the same they develop the keygen.

Found some links. Follow/read at ur own risk
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/3042847/Hack-how-to-create-keygens
    http://www.governmentsecurity.org/forum/topic/19655-string-pattern-how-to-develop-a-keygen/

Your best Googling that one. Even if I knew, which I dont, I wouldnt tell you how to do something thats ilegal.
    To sum it up: BUY the software, it will make you feel better!

• Amit Sinha

Thanks for your reply
      I already purchased that software which I need.
      But I want to Know for Educational Purpose only.
      I Googled that but did not find any useful information.

5. Usman Mubashir

Software geeks use an original key to fool the program that the user has entered a valid key, but when the program tries to register online, they crack it. Actually the program has to download new versions of a file or two which the user replaces with the crack file, the program thinks its already register. In other cases, they modify some files, so the program thinks that it doesn't has to register online. I don't know if you can generate keys, but to think about it, if you could do it, you wouldn't ask such a question. (No Offence :))

• Amit Sinha

I know all this but I asked how do they generate keys.
      If anybody don't know how to generate please don't reply