What software should I use to burn HD videos to DVD?

Zhong Vigoss September 11, 2012

I need burn some .AVI videos to DVDs, the videos are in HD format. I searched Google and found this DVD creator. It works, but with a disgusting watermark unless I pay for a serial number. I can’t make a decision over whether to buy it – has anyone used it before?

Are there any other choices? Will any free software do the trick?

1. Darth Jack

Convert and burn files from avi to an DVD, Check here for possible solutions -->

2. Alisa Fish

AS a Windows user, you can use Windows DVD Maker to do that.
    Or using a professional DVD creator, However the Windows DVD Maker has some limits, you can take a try for the DVD Creator I used for long.

3. Carey Lili
  4. kumar raja

Nero is there know

5. Zhong Vigoss

The problem is solved, why my eamil still recieve some answers? How can I stop it?

6. K.V.D.Prasad

Try HDTV2DVD, Its a freeware

7. Edmar Diego

i personally use xilisoft i find easy to use a gives great result

8. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

or you can try Nero or ConvertXtoDVD

9. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

imgBurn is a good one

10. Saurav Azad

just use the windows built in tool or if you like more option use nero cd burner or you can search for free tools on sourceforge .com

11. Anna Krueger Mathison

ImgBurn is the best free one, but if you want a good paid software package, I highly recommend DVDCloner. I have used it for years and love it. It's not too expensive and I have never had any issues with it. If I'm not mistaken, it even does blue-ray (but I don't have a blue ray player so I haven't used the feature yet)

12. Erlis Dhima

Even if you use different programs, the video will not be HD anymore!
    What you need to do, is mux the video.. Using a software like MeGui!
    After muxing to the right format (which mostly is .VOB), convert this muxed file, to the DVD format.. (AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folder, inside VIDEO_TS folder will be multiple files from the converted .vob file.) The one I recommend for converting the vob file, is Nero Video! I think it's the best for this work! The problem with it, is the converting size, which goes maybe 4.2 Gb..
    I myself use this method to keep the HD video to max quality, even after converting it to DVD format!
    The entire project needs a lot of time to finish.. It depends on the video quality, video size, computer power etc.. But sometimes, it might take more than 15 hours!

What I do now, is back-up my HD movies in Data DVD.. Just burn them on DVD.
    But, it's not that sure that they will be played in a DVD player.. They will be only opened in your computer!

Anyway, hope this helped!

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Muxing is the way to go indeed! I have used Avidemux for converting videos for many years now.

• Erlis Dhima

Yeah, I use Avidemux too! But, I use it mostly for splitting or joining videos, and sometimes for muxing.. The best I recommend would be Megui!

If you want easy solution,then use Freemake Video Converter -

It can burn DVDs up to 40 hours and has no limitations.

see if dvdflick will help

you can try some of the mentioned software and compare their capabilities and quality of final work.

Try http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home . Free, simple and effective.

16. Tim Brookes

The best free Windows burning tool ImgBurn supports the burning of discs in the DVD video format. One important thing to remember, however, is that even though you intend to burn HD video you won't be able to play it back as HD video as DVD video has a maximum resolution of 720x576 (25fps) or 720x480 (30fps). If you're burning to HD-DVD (unlikely) or BluRay then you can also use ImgBurn, though you'll need a burner capable of writing to these formats.

ImgBurn is free and will always be free, so while it might not be as easy to use as some of the commercial softwares available, there is support material present to help you learn the ropes and you'll undoubtedly save some money in the long run once you've worked out exactly how to use it!

17. Abby Rakshit

Nero, all the way

Have you tried this one? I've got a friend who swears by it, but I have never used it myself.

• Zhong Vigoss

I need a free one but not this