Is there a software that can automatically make a playlist from mp3 files in a folder?

levent December 19, 2011

I have got lots of mp3 folders. I want to make playlists of each one. Yes, Winamp makes it, but I don’t want to do that by hand every time.

So I dream of a software that I add the folders, then it makes playlists of them and puts it in the folder. Any ideas?

1. Ray

I wanted to do the same thing.  In addition I wanted to compare lists to directories or other lists, combine lists as well as play subsets of disks.  I also wanted a nice listing ability.

I could not find a program that did it easy.  That's not to say it does not exist, I just got tired of try and fail.

So I wrote myself one in Visual Basic.  If anything good comes up for you please post your finding.  

Hello for comparing folder/files and syncronization, I would try FreeFileSync:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync/

• Levent Nergiz

can you send me your program?

Hello, I would say a media player that can do most of what you want is  Media Monkey:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

You could also try Mp3tag:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

No. but instead of opening a folder, and goint to play list file,
    you can use a folder as a playlist.

Just right click on the folder and you can play in many software, like winamp , jetaudio etc.

Also, you can use media library to check more options that suites your choice of playing your favorite tracks according to albums.

You can create a playlist in one more step after playing the files from a folder like Mjevolve said.

4. Mjevolve

hello .

dont know if any software can do that .
    but you can try these steps in Windows Media Player .

>Right Click on the Folder that contains a song list . Lets say a folder named " Coldplay" has some 10 songs in it .
    now right click on this folder and click on -
    " Add to Windows Media Player List " .

>Windows Media Player would start up and all the songs would start to play .
    Note Here -- > just make sure the Windows Media Player is turned off or the ' Now Playing ' list is empty or else the songs would be added to the already playing list and that would fail our purpose .

>Now look over the ' Now Playing ' column and read what it says at top . it would say -- " Untitled " .

> just click on it , and then type in what ever name you want to give to your playlist . in this case , we ll name it - Coldplay .
     hit enter and Done . !

> the playlist for the desired songs of the folder has been created and saved .

>you can check in the left pane , under the header Playlists , it would display the name of the recent created playlist .

> and repeat the simple steps on any folders playlist you want to create .