Why can’t I see the social sharing buttons under MakeUseOf articles?

Monica Garcia Miranda September 24, 2012

I can’t see the social sharing buttons under MUO articles. I’m using Chrome and I’m not using AdBlock or anything similar. And ideas?

Thanks…

1. Monica Garcia Miranda

yes, i can see now that these buttons at the left, but i had to zoom out to see them!

2. Alex Perkins

They are at the left side now.

3. Dave Parrack

I've marked this as resolved as I suspect GrrGrr was correct with his answer. The social sharing buttons were recently moved from the bottom of each article to a left sidebar which moves with you as you scroll. If you can't see them there then try zooming out. If this is incorrect then feel free to resubmit your question.

Hmmm, we hadn't considered users being zoomed in on the text. Perhaps we should move them back to under the article if their browser window is so small...

• Dave Parrack

Has it made a positive difference having the buttons on the side?

• muotechguy

Too early to tell yet.

• Harshit Jain

It is not too early. I have not been able to find those buttons from many days and thought that there is something wrong with MUO since the buttons appear on the bottom of every article in all web browsers and it disappears from the bottom when logged in. I use facebook to log in. To see the buttons zooming out makes the text too small to read.

It needs to be fixed.

See the left side of the page and zooming out as if you zoom in,then you wont be able to see those buttons.

5. GrrGrrr

the social sharing buttons are now moved from below (end of) the article to the left side/section

please re-check.

• Aditya Roy

Can't see any left side/section GrrGrr.

Check whether you are viewing pages by zooming in and zoom out the page.Then only you can see those sharing buttons.Also,make sure,which always everyone recommends,whitelisting MUO.

• Aditya Roy

yup... zooming out helped... thanks

6. josemon maliakal

may be you should clear cookies..

7. HLJonnalagadda

Yeah I am also not able to use Chrome. Cleared History, still does not work. I am effectively using 2 broswers. One for browsing and the other for using makeuseof. Could someone look into this?

8. Srinivas N

Just try to whitelist http://www.makeuseof.com on Adblockplus and Donot track plus and you can see social sharing buttons spring back to life

9. bonioloff

Try to use another browser without any adblocker..

10. Sachin Kanchan

This may be due to some problems with your web browser or slow internet connection.

I had similar problems with google "chrome"and could not log in onto my Makeuseof account, because the google, or facebook or yahoo etc connect buttons didn't show up on the top corner.

Solution:-
    Try clearing the cache of your browser; but this may not always work.

Try using another browser; like "safari" , I tried, it worked, and I am posting this via my safari.