Which social network is more secure and user friendly – Facebook or MySpace?

K. M. November 8, 2010

Given that MakeUseOf is on Facebook and I am a fan, I have become quite concerned about the commercialization of it. For example using an APP like weRead allows Amazon access to your and friends info. Which is more secure and user friendly? Facebook or MySpace?

1. Paul

The Facebook User Interface is a lot better, simpler, and user friendlier than Myspace, but the thing with social networking in general is that when it goes on the web, it stays on the web. There are hundreds of cases where people loose their job because they put something on Facebook or Myspace, or when other people hack into their accounts. Whenever a new feature comes out on Facebook, the creators seem to automatically allow it. It is a good idea to monitor your privacy settings and not allow apps that you do not trust to access your personal data.

I would say both are quite user friendly. Facebook certainly is more popular. In the case of Facebook you have to be very careful with what you share with the world (privacy / security settings) and which apps you allow to access your data.I can't say much about MySpace. I see its use for musicians (audio player), but why anyone else would want to use it, I don't know.