What’s the best SMS app for a Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tablet?

Christine St Syr Griffin October 19, 2012

What’s the best app for texting on the Samsung Galaxy 7.7? I’ve tried Desk SMS but found it to be too invasive because my tests went to the social hub. I just want something simple that can send and receive texts, save them and provide a delivery report. Also, I want to be able to use with people that use other texting services. Thanks!

Have you tried Google Voice yet? You need to sign up for an account, but it's awesome, although it has the singular limitation of not allowing MMS. Otherwise it's easily the best SMS client I've ever used or heard about.

I think the two best features about GV is that it allows cloud backing up of all SMS and it serves as the nerve center for all your SMS needs, meaning it can forward your calls and messages from a variety of devices to a single location, on your phone.

Here's the app store link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLmdvb2dsZXZvaWNlIl0.

2. Siddhant Chaurasia

whatsapp is the most common i think

3. VS Vishnu

whatsapp

4. Priya Agarwal

whatsapp

5. christine st.syr. griffin aka syamasyn

Thanks sam i recieved your message i will check out 3 of the five suggested, yahoo makes me nervous and chat idk maybe i did it wrong but it set itself up with desksms and it spread everywhere and even changed my contacts names to ### ### ####@desksms so when i would text from my phone to their real contact name they didnt get my texts....wierd and thanks again for the help
    syamasyn

6. Sam Rosario

Whatsapp, Yahoo messenger, chat on or palringo or nimbuzz. All are same and extremely good.

7. Dimal Chandrasiri

use GO SMS.. it's an simple but feature filled application.

• syamasyn

thanks, but no go for me, somehow the kids in the hood are able to use someone elses, like mine a while back, and boost off of it, probably with a little help from wi-fi they also boosted and they get free service.....voice, internet, messaging. thanks for the reply tho'
      syamasyn

• SiKk

What you are referencing is Google Talk Google voice and get gvoip. Seprate apks.... And yes my wifi is stolen.....

• syamasyn

k, thanks for the quik response i will check it out

• syamasyn

sorry that reply was to crunch girl, no go for me due to too much nefaruis activities here in the bay area, thanks tho'
      syamasyn

• SiKk

Yay Area. What It be!

9. Lindsay Jones

well i use sms crunch, not sure if u can still get that

• syamasyn

thanks i will definately check it out
      syamasyn