How can I smoothly transition to a Gmail address?

Janice Howard August 6, 2012

I would like to change my internet service from Verizon to Time Warner, but I’m afraid it will be a big headache. I have 6 years of history with a Verizon email name (xxxxxxxxx@verizon.com). I just ordered 100 business cards with my Verizon address on them.

How can I change all the sites I have visited but don’t have a record of in my address book – ex. sites I have given my email address to? And what about all the people I have given my address to over the years who aren’t in my address book – I can’t remember them all!

I know there’s a way to transfer my outlook email to a new address but will it be complicated? These types of things never go smoothly for me!

Can I create a new email address and keep it while keeping the Verizon service going – this would give me more time to get everything switched over to the new address, then down the road I can get Time Warner internet service? I’ve created a “gmail” address. Does anyone know anything about this? Can I have 2 different addresses related to my one Outlook?
I know that I will have a few months of forwarding from my current service, but I don’t think it will be enough. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kimie1010