Can a small Asus Eeepc run Minecraft?

THEpwnr:) December 21, 2010

Can a small Asus Eeepc run Minecraft?

1. andrew m

hey
    I play Minecraft on my Asus Eee PC and its fine but sometimes lags a bit...

2. Joseph McCallum-Nattrass

Yes but very slowly

3. I_Fight_For_The_Users

Asus 1215N runs Minecraft Really well, ~39fps. With render distance far standing on a hilltop causes some lag.

4. xxHellFirexx

and soon

I recommend you post a new question.

5. xxHellFirexx

i dont know all those weird names of computers and stuff but i wanna get minecraft and i need a list of all the crap like

updates 
    websites
    and some other crap

i wanna get the minecraft how i fight monsters and have a health bar thing SOMEONE HELP A NOOB!

6. Obie2kenobe

I currently play it on a Asus EeePc and its fine but it does have trouble at times, depending on updates in the game and whatnot. I also have it overclocked and the GPU overclocked and used it for WoW and other games. It's the 1005HA and it is actually pretty good for standard gaming.

• coloco21

Same for me :)
      USE OPTIFINE ;)

How did u overclocked it and the GPU ?

7. M.S. Smith

Can it "run" Minecraft, as in launch it? Sure!

Will it be playable? Ahhhh hell nah. The problem is that Minecraft, although a very simple game graphically, generates the game world on-the-fly using complex algorithms. They're so complex that even your computer's processor can have a hard time blasting through them quickly enough!

As a result, Minecraft is going to prove sluggish on netbook hardware. In my experience, I've even had trouble with the game on my Core 2 Duo MacBook, although that may have been due to limited memory as well. You'll probably want a dual-core computer with 4GB of RAM for the best experience.

Hi
    Minecraft.exe is just a launcher that initiates the Java code that Minecraft uses, as well as updating the data for the application. You need to set javaw.exe into your graphic driver's exception list.

you need to set javaw to run under the ION 2 chipset (discrete graphics). You may want to turn down the draw distance. Also try to update Nvidia drivers for the ion 2 graphics chip. You'll also want to be sure you've updated the bios and removed any bloatware. Possible You need to set javaw.exe into your graphic driver's exception list

try to udate java
    http://java.com/en/download/inc/windows_upgrade_ie.jsp

Here's one method that MIGHT let you discover which executables you need:

1. Begin with a freshly started computer (restart if necessary).

2. Open the Task Manager (usually accessible two to three clicks after pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL once)

3. Look at the list of Processes. (The list of Applications should be empty, or nearly so.)

4. Write down all the executables listed in the Processes tab.

5. Now launch Minecraft.

6. Go back to the Processes list in the Task Manager and try to identify which ones are new since launching Minecraft. Those might be the ones that need the GPU acceleration enabled.

minecraft alpha requirements
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29145