What site is the new MegaUpload?

MikeFesston February 8, 2012

I came across this site and I wonder if this is a fake or not. Is this the successor to MegaUpload?

http://www.host4mediafiles.com/

If this is not legit, what are some alternatives to MegaUpload?

1. adrian

The new site is just around the corner.
    The prime minister of New Zealand was forced today to apologize publicly eg on TV/Radio to Kim Dotcom, for spying on a NZ citizen, which by law is not "allowed" or so they say.
    Anyway I hope Kim will soon have his new site going.. Up the bloody Yank CIA with their bullshit extradition demands.
    Kim live in NZ and is staying here, for now anyway.
    -->>Hurray for internet freedom!!!!!!!!!

2. john

upbooth.com is the new megaupload

3. Psptwizzler

Legal -illegal its all crap i had over 1tb of stuff stored on it and paid for 4 years on 4th jan 2012 as far as someone saying the folders are not exclusive to you damn right they are if u share u give out links no one can just put up a link name and get yours the area of the internet i go to has a lot of sharing paintshop pro scrap kits millions per day if u dont share a link no one can get them and proving this by how many times your links downloaded if its been downloaded 300 times you can bet you patootie you gave some individual your personal links
    The reason this site when down was 1 the owners and 2 the greedy movie and music sites what make you pay to watch mega live videos...Kim.dotcom was just a greedy european who lived in the usa and newzealand if this guy stayed in europe he would have been drawn to the lengths he went to to get money

4. Mike Fesston

OK thank you for all specify So wait and see... I think we can close the topic ;D

5. MikeFesston

Thansk Jay.0, I had not thought ... so probably self-promotion. Do you think the two sites are linked?

• Jay.0

May be. at least the person who created this combined site, may have something related with both the sites.

Can't be sure, at the moment, both the sites look fake, they are asking for donation,
      and both have almost similar 3 points, why they need donation from people.

Only time can tell us the truth, but at the moment, looks like a scam.

Hello, it seems to me the only sites that have been around for a while and are not based in the US are Megashares and Rapidshare.  All the other options are either not working or are based in US.  I have not heard about that site you mentioned.

• MikeFesston

thanks for answering me. but rapidshare is in USA too, isn't it?

Hello, I was kind of sure it rapidshare was based in Germany. I stand corrected, it is based in Switzerland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapidShare

• MikeFesston

OK sorry i made a mistake. And about anonyupload, what do you think?

Hello, first time I heard of it.  I just checked their site and to me, it looks remarkably similar to previous one you asked about.  I would be very careful about sites like this right now.  They are just trying to fill the void left by Megaupload going down....because there are many people used to using cyberlocker services.

• Jay.0

Other legit file sharing sites are still there.

You can use them, following links mentions these sites, and also provides options to search those sites to find the files of your choice :http://www.uvrx.com http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-files-online-p2p-software

• MikeFesston

Thank you for answering me. But it is true that it would be nice to have again a huge site like megaupload. I hope host4mediafiles & anonyupload become important sites.

• Jay.0

Looks like you were a regular megaupload user, I hardly used it,
          As whole internet is still there,
          The files stored on megaupload were not exclusive, you can find them anywhere else.
          Use google to find them. and try to get used to the other sites, which I mentioned in my previous comments.

• MikeFesston

I found an article on this subject:
          http://anonyuploadhost4mediafilesmegaup.weebly.com/

• Jay.0

Did you notice weebly.com suffix in the URL ? that means it's not an article, but its a website, (which you can create for free)

Now, who will create a website, instead of writing an article on their blog etc for upcoming websites?

I think they they are just seeking attention and promoting themselves.