How can I be sure a site has a completely anonymous eMail service?

Josh March 12, 2011

AnonymousFeedback.net is the site. I don’t know much about the web, and before I use the service I’d like to know if they are legit?

Thanks!

Hello, only advise I can give applies any of the following browsers: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari. Install the add-on on the link provided. This add-on will tell you if the site is reliable a has a good reputation...unfortunately with regards to whether their email is anonymous or not it won't help you but at least you would know if the site is trustworthy or not.
    http://www.mywot.com/en/download/ie

I use this add-on on Firefox and Chrome. I do not know how it works on Internet Explorer. Hope it helps you.

The message sent from the site is anonymous and can only be traced back to the Webservice. I also don't see any legitimate problems using the site as long as you follow their Terms of Service, your Providers Netiquette and the Law.

It is possible (and likely) that they keep log files with the time, date, visitors IP and the message being sent for legal reasons. Via the IP and your Internet Service Providers logs this could then be traced back to you - in case of a lawsuit or similar.