How can I sign up for Spotify without a Facebook account?

Joshua January 25, 2012

Is there any other workaround other than making a fake Facebook account? I’d rather not do that.

1. Oli

Only Germans are allowed to create a Spotify account without Facebook.
    It is therefore possible to use a German proxy to create an account.
    Tutorial here:
    http://www.spotidj.com/blog/how-to-get-spotify-without-facebook/

2. Niamh

......damn that stupid app,I've had enough !
    Time to delete!!!!

3. christopher

Ah, too bad. Spotify looked like a pretty cool product, I would have loved to give it a try.

4. freakqnc .((•)).

Yes there is it's called grooveshark ;D By no means I intend to say that GS is rainbows and unicorns, I've heard mixed opinions about their working ethic, but at least they won't force you to have a FB account to listen to music.

Additionally you can subscribe to FB with another account where you are your universe, no friends and family and an army of one that is using that FB account only to listen to Tyrannify... although that may not be an option for those at work that have FB blocked. Also why continue to support a company that doesn't give a flying about its subscribers? That's just bad for everyone, so in a word get off crapify and find another alternative. Also if you listen to your own music you can upload 20k songs for free on google music. Just my 2¢ Good luck! ;D 

5. Dario428

Yes, Grooveshark!

6. Bill Gates

How do you create a dummy Facebook account without giving them your phone number?

7. Chris Hoffman

Rdio is a Spotify alternative that lets you sign up without a Facebook account, I believe: 
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/rdio-offers-free-limited-streaming-music-news/

I use it because Spotify isn't available in Canada.

But yes, you can also create a dummy Facebook account that you never use, even if you already have a Facebook account.

8. Jay.0

Only if an old user lets you access his account, so you don't need to sign up.

Agree to Dave, it can annoy people.
    If you dont want spotify to know your details, you need a fake account with fake details.

9. Dave Parrack

It is very annoying but they're forcing everyone to use a Facebook login from now on. The good thing is the account does not need to be active, so just create one purely for Spotify, adding no friends or personal information.

I'm afraid not, you must sign up using a Facebook account. Just create a dummy Facebook account and use that for Spotify.