How can I use different signatures for multiple Email accounts on the iPhone or iPod?

Amina March 27, 2011

Is it possible to have different signatures for different email accounts on iPhone or iPod?

I use both business and personal email accounts and I want my business account signature with business contact details etc. and a more informal signature for my personal email account.

1. Mark

Old thread, but there are two options in iOS5:

1) Keyboard Shortcuts - Settings>General>Keyboard>Shortcuts

2) Jailbreak - Mail Enhancer

• Guest

The shortcut idea you suggested was great solution, Mark.  Thanks for the tip.

2. Amina

Thanks for the advice, I will def check it out.
    There is another way using different signatures that I've learned is.
    1. to have notes with signatures
    2. compose emails within the notes
    3. Send emails straight from the notes

Thanks for the feedback, Amina!

3. Josh Fox

The only way I've found to be able to do this is through an app available in the App Store. It's not highly rated and some people say it's not worth it if you can't use signatures from within the mail app, and some say it just doesn't work with iOS 4. I haven't used it myself, but from what I have read, it does work to an extent. If you are getting ready to compose an email, simply open this app first, choose the signature, and it will open the Mail app using the selected signature. It'll cost $0.99 though. If you want to consider this, you might want to read the reviews for while considering.

Multiple Email Signatures: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/multiple-email-signatures/id303702186?mt=8

Personally, I have the same problem, except I only use a signature for one of the accounts instead of wanting to use multiple signatures. For my own situation, I would rather go without using a signature at all from my iPod Touch rather than paying for this app.