Why can’t I sign in to websites with Chrome?

Dilip Patil November 20, 2011

Whenever I try to sign in to a website using Google Chrome (15.0.874.106M) the browser displays “this website is not available.” It’s just when I try to sign in. What should I do?

It can be a cokkie related problem. does it happen on every website or some particualr sites ?
    delete cookies etc,  restart your pc.
    I know, chrome has such problems, but i solve them with cleaning up the browser, or resetting everything.

have you tried to refresh after getting the message displays “this website is not available.”

Hello, if you are sure there is no viruses/malware in your system you could try disabling the firewall to test Chrome.  Keep in mind that I am suggesting disabling the firewall just to try if Chrome works.  If with the firewall disabled, chrome runs ok, then that is your issue.  Enable the firewall and ad an exception for chrome.  If after doing this, the problem is still there, you have to make sure to check your system for malware.  Also, parental controls can have on effect on this.  Make sure to check parental control settings in your system if any.

4. Jeff

Hi Dilip,

The first thing you want to do is make sure you have added an exception for Google Chrome in your antivirus and firewall. If you're using Windows built-in Firewall, you will need to manually add an exception to Google Chrome as it is not recognized.

The second most common cause of Error 2 is a malware redirection. Download and install Malwarebytes. Once installed, launch it. It will ask you if you want to update and run Malwarebytes, select Ok. If you are not prompted to update, please do so manually. Then perform a full scan.

Then once malwarebytes is finished, download and install Ad-Aware. Again, make sure that it is updated and perform a full scan.

Please post the results of both scans. If you don't already have an anti-virus and firewall, do be sure to get one.

- Jeff