Shy is data on my new 16GB SD card not showing up properly on my phone?

Lalasanchez L August 18, 2014

I have 2 problems:

1. I bought a 16gb SD card and I used my laptop to move all my stuff from the old 2gb to the new one. It shows that I successfully moved it all, but when I put in the new card it shows I have no pictures on my phone at all. I tried a couple times again but still nothing. Also I tried restarting my phone, as in turning off and on my phone, but still no luck.
  2. Okay so I tried downloading some more apps because I finally had the space to get more apps but any app that I tried to download it would say that I had insufficient space on my card and wouldn’t download. So I checked my storage space and it said I still had 15. something GB’s left to use. I am very upset, please help.

If you connect the phone on your Wi-Fi network that the computer is on, you should be able to use Airdroid, Wi-Fi File Explorer, or other app available in the Play Store to transfer files between the computer and phone.

Check the folders that contain the pictures abd see if there is a file named ".nomedia" as this flags the folder for not being included for media scanning. Make sure the folder names and locations match with the 2GB card. Also, if you haven't already, make sure you are able to see the hidden files and see if they transferred while copying the rest of the contents.

2. Lalasanchez L

On my first problem I was able to fix it by deleting the cached stuff on it.
    I still don't have the second part fixed. The model phone I have is the Alcatel touch fierce android phone.
    And yes when I didn't see the pictures the first time I was going to try again so I formatted the new SD card and I left it alone before messing it up and ended up here.
    Also yes I do know it can hold that much because on my phone camera it is able to tell how many more pictures it can hold before it uses up and it says about 24648.
    Should I just try another method of moving the pictures? Because the first method I used, I used the SD card adaptor and put my old SD card (2gb) and put all my data in a new folder in my laptop. Then I switched it to my empty new SD card and moved those files into it.
    Is there any other ways I can move the picture files into my phone?

First thing, did you format the card with your phone or the computer before moving the files? Some phones are touchy about SD cards and require the SD card being placed into the phone before it can be used. You may need to format the card through your phone to ensure compatibility, though all information and data on the card would be lost after formatting.

Are you sure your phone can handle a 16GB card? There is a limit to how high, and even how low, a card's capacity can be. The sizes are dependent on the make and model of the phone.

As far as insufficient space, are you sure you are liking in the correct location for storage space available? Some phones have a system reserved space for application installation and specific file storage, such as email and text messages, and a separate internal storage space for saving certain files. You may need to clean up your browser history, emails, text messages, etc., in order to gain some space. You can also use SD Maid to clean up junk files and cache which should give you even more storage space.

Can you tell us what the make & model of your phone are? Also, when you moved the photos, did you move them into exactly the same location (folder/subfolder etc) or did you change the folder name for example?

maybe the sd card is incompatible, check with another brand?, sometime when you insert sd card the phone ask do you want to format, say yes.or format to fat32 on your pc then try on the phone.