How do I shuffle a streamed YouTube channel in VLC?

Alex August 7, 2014

How do I stream YouTube channels in VLC Media Player as a shuffled playlist? I was wondering how to do this and if it’s even possible. If it’s not, what’s the closest thing to it that might work?

1. Alex

I actually tried that method already with Susendeep's linked tutorial. Unfortunately, it didn't work, and this tutorial sends me through the exact same steps, which means that this won't work either. For my review of the steps I took and how they ended up working out for me, please see my response to Susendeep's answer on this thread. Please send me a different tutorial.

2. Marge S

Hi Alex, follow this guide:
    Watch Entire YouTube Playlists In VLC, Here’s How
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watch-entire-youtube-playlists-in-vlc-heres-how/

3. Alex

I tried downloading the file "playlist_youtube.lua" file and moving it to VLC's playlist folder, opening VLC, and entering the URL to the YouTube channel I'd like to watch as a playlist. Unfortunately, nothing is playing when I do that. Is there any other way to do watch a YouTube channel in VLC?

See the article link below -

How to use VLC to get more from YouTube

• Alex

I tried downloading the file “playlist_youtube.lua” file and moving it to VLC’s playlist folder, opening VLC, and entering the URL to the YouTube channel I’d like to watch as a playlist. Unfortunately, nothing is playing when I do that. Is there any other way to do watch a YouTube channel in VLC?

Any chance you can send me a different tutorial? The one you sent me seems to be catered to playlist watching anyways, and I'm not really looking to watch a playlist. Rather, I'm intending to watch all uploads by a specific user with 12,463 videos. Also please keep in mind that I don't want to combine any of this user's playlists, as some of his uploads are not nested in one of his playlists.