How can I show a post excerpt and a read more button on my blog?

Le Hoang March 11, 2010

I have a blog on Blogger. Can you show me how to show only a short part of my post with a “read more” button and a picture thumbnail on the left side of my post? Like makeuseof.
I try the jump break feature but my post appeared with a large pic, no thumbnail at all. :(

1. Amazing Pictures

Thanks for your help!!!

2. Alamin

Thanks youn can use jamp break

3. Taty

Hi Le Hoang
    Yes, unfortunately blogger is pretty limited as far as what you can modify. Jump break really is the best way to get to work. I suggest you create a small image yourself or even use blogger to resize it and add a large image lower down.

Le Hoang,

the thumbnails you see on the left of the MakeUseOf article excerpts are inserted manually. When you expand the article they remain the same. We insert these images using the WordPress "insert image" button (or html). You can use the "insert image" button on Blogger.

As for showing an article excerpt with a "read more" button, I found a Help page that explains how to use Blogger's jump break feature for this:
    http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=154172

Good luck!