Should I change from Google Chrome to Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Vera L November 2, 2013

I am an everyday home computer user.

Since I added Google Chrome with Windows 8, all I have is problems. Everything is slow. Windows 8 has blue screen freeze/crashed when I load it.

When in Chrome I get messages to reset pages, Chrome is not closing properly etc. I am sick of all this. Should I change Chrome to Internet Explorer?

It's possible that Chrome is causing the problems, but in that case, it will be because of a corrupt installation, in which case remove it, clean up (see Hovsep's suggestions) and reinstall. Generaly Chrome runs very well on Win. 8.

perhaps installation google chrome is corrupted

1) go to here c:/%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser Data
    2) find Local State and delete
    3) Restart Google Chrome

1) on chrome address bar type: about:plugins
    2) locate Adobe Flash Player
    3) Disable
    4) Restart Google Chrome

3. Jean Pierre Blank

No, the reason why your Windows 8 is having problems is mainly not because of the browser but the very laptop has problems.

Things to consider:
    RAM
    CPU
    Errors on your PC

-- if your PC has low amount of RAM, it most unlikely the you can power browse, same goes for CPU.

-- Errors on your PC --

It seems you're having Blue Screen of Death? It a flickering red alert that your computer has some serious problem and it's not the browsers fault.

-- What you can do --

Check for malwares/viruses on your Computer by scanning it with Kaspersky Internet Security or any other anti-virus out there.

Use CCleaner, to clean the caches and bad registry on your computer.

If problem persist: You can either reformat your computer after backing up all your important files or take it to the technician for check-up