Should I buy the Hyundai T7S?

André K March 28, 2013

So here’s the new tablet by Hyundai : http://specifications.tablets-help.com/hyundai-t7s-specifications-and-features/.

The specs are really impressive, but the dark side is the version of Android (4.0). I actually have two questions :
– If I root the tablet, could I install any version of Android?
– The tablet is just about $180. I think it’s too easy… Do you know what they are hiding?

1. BB

I had this tablet. Lost it somewhere on a trip. I still can't find anything better for the price, currently, so I'm going to order another one (i.e., I loved it).

2. Philip Gray

I own this tablet. It's lightning fast, wifi connects well, never crashes, everything works like it should, very thin, very light, runs everything I throw at it..

In fact, my only complaint is that the screen resolution is so high that it's hard for someone like me with bad eyesight to read the small text at times.

RE: What are they hiding?

Battery is light for the resourses. Some Chinese Bloatware.

Otherwise, the quality is great. Hyundai is a division of Samsung.

4. rsdk

Firmware upgrade to Android 4.2 is apparently in the works (a beta for the T7 is available now). With that, an SD slot (not available on the Nexus), GPS, Bluetooth, 5 MP camera, etc., seems good for the price. Downside is dealing with a vendor in China if something goes wrong.

5. André K

Thank you all for your answers.
    As a summary I can say that the best to do is buy something reliable like a Nexus 7 because even though some low cost tablets may have better specs, they usually don't have better performances. For example, I just read that the Novo Venus' quad core processor isn't as powerful as the Nexus'.
    Even though in some cases these tablets might have more advantages, I'm ready to sacrifice some features for the latest Android updates.

6. justinpot

For my money I'd get the Nexus 7. The specs are a little lower but it runs 4.2, and being from Google you can count on updates coming in longer. But that's just me.

You cannot install any other version of Android if you root your tablet.You need to have supported ROMs for your tablet for which you'll need to search internet a lot.

With the advancement of technologies with such a fast pace,you could find many more cheap tablets with much greater specs if you wait for a while.

8. Meilin Dai

The 2GB RAm and 3300mAh are really great, and other specs are good. But I don't think if you root the android , you can install any version of android.

• AdamL

Wow 3300mah great seriously? the hp touchpad has 9000mah... and the nexus 10 too.. nexus 7 has 4325mah.

you have a review here
    http://www.todroid.com/hyundai-t7s-android-4-0-tablet-released-specs-features-price/
    Samsung Exynos 4412 quad-core cpu isn’t exactly cutting-edge
    Ice Cream Sandwich, or Android 4.0.4
    they do not advise to upgrade or root Hyundai T7S because it is fragile.