Should I buy Saturn VPN to use in a hotel, even though the hotel told me not to?

Dysp R July 31, 2013

I want to access to blocked websites in Dubai, The hotel staff told me to purchase a vpn, he said that it costs me $3o for a week, But I googled it and read few reviews, I came across Saturn VPN.

I test the service with that free account, and it was really good, I could access to all websites with no problem.

Hotel says that you should only use our VPN, and if you buy it from websites, It wont work here, But saturnvpn free test account worked for me. What do you think?

1. Dysp R

Yeah, thank you all, Now I'm sure that hotel is advertising it's service,
    I also explained it to saturnvpn online support, They said that hotel staff had been trying to sell their service with high price!
    To make me sure they gave me a 3 days trial account, And I haven't had any problem so far. I'm gonna order an account tomorrow from saturnvpn.com 3months $7

If you tried it and it works, then clearly the hotel staff are talking nonsense!
    From a technical point of view, I can't see why using a 3rd party VPN wouldn't work unless they blocked it at the router/firewall, but then they would have to have a hell of a black list to cover all VPN services!

• dragonmouth

"but then they would have to have a hell of a black list to cover all VPN services!"

Not really. The router/firewall can be coded to only accept one VPN. By definition, all others are excluded.

3. dragonmouth

Just consider the source of the advice. The hotel staff is instructed to recommend a brand of VPN the hotel sells. If you purchase another brand, the hotel does not make any money on you.