Should I buy a factory refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100?

Nishant Saumya November 9, 2012

Hi,

I have to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with voice call facility. A new Samsung Galaxy tab 2 comes for 19000 INR [Indian National Rupee] while I have just checked a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and it comes for 15500 INR.

Should I buy a refurbished one because it’s cheap and repaired?

Anyone who has experience with refurbished products please comment…

Nishant

1. Devansh

It depends.. refurbished electronics directly from the brand such as Samsung carries warranty and undergoes double inspection. In fact I purchased the same Galaxy Tab P3100 at Rs.13500 from http://www.gobol.in and made a huge savings. The tab is working fine amd what I suggest you should look for the manufacturer warranty which Gobol is providing in this case as major point while buying a refurbished stuff

Rs.15500/- is too costly to have this product as a refurbished.Better buy a phone at this price range with big screen possible.

3. Rick

I purchased a factory refurbished Acer A500 32gb tablet and would not recommend buying refurbished to anyone. In the future, if it is electronic, I will buy new. The limited warranty time is not long enough to discover all that may be wrong with your device.

4. Alex Perkins

I would safe a little more and then get it brand new, avoid possible (and likely) disappointments.

5. Chris Taylor

i agree for the small savings you get refurbished is a high risk never had good experience. i dont fall for that anymore

I hope Samsung factory refurbs are better than my experience with Lenovo laptop. I got and returned 3 one after the other because each completely failed in less than a day.

if it is refurbished by Samsung then should be more reliable than from third party sources, final decision should be yours.

8. Bhavuk Jain

It is available for Rs.16890/- at timtara.com so you should buy a new one instead of a refurbished.

At timtara.com it says the list price is some Rs. 23,500 odd and the offer price around Rs. 21,500 odd, so I dunno where you fot this magic figure. If this was the offer price at timtara.com in India for a new device, there will be a beeline for it. Kindly provide the full url link please of the timtara offer.

9. Drew Butler

I don't know INR currency but that doesn't seem like a big enough discount to lose the warranty. Not saying that refurbished products aren't good or anything....

10. Ken Gaming

Nope, don't ever buy refurbished electronics. They won't last for very long!

11. Nikhil Chandak

I think u should buy the refurbished one
    check out the details of refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 here
    http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-walmart-sale-122182/

Nishant,

Thoroughly check if everything is working fine. Also remember, refurbished products do not usually have warranty coverage. Taking these aspects and the risk factor into consideration, these are only feasible to buy only if the offer price is less than or around 50% of the pricing of a new showroom product. I personally feel 15500 INR is too high a price asked for the piece and with just 4K more, you get the company warranty and peace of mind, beside a sparkling new factory packed product. However, if the price offered is around 9K to 10K, you may give it a look only by thoroughly checking the product yourself by comparing it with the new one (which you can test at any Samsung Smartphone showroom, they keep working model on display to play around for the prospective buyers) and then deciding on it as a good buy or not, however the risk factor doesn't wane as you are practically on your own with the device. If your tech-savvy, that should be OK I guess, otherwise refrain.