Is there a shortcut or hack for creating desktop shortcuts more quickly in Windows 7?

Brian Fitz November 12, 2010

When I right-click on a web page or a picture that I want to create a shortcut to on my desktop, the default is for my cursor to go to “No” for an answer and then I have to mouse over to the “Yes” button. It’s a waste of time and effort I think since I save a lot of stuff to share with friends and family.

I mean I already right-clicked and selected “Create a Desktop Shortcut” in the “Menu”, it would seem to me that it’s a no-brainer that I want to create the shortcut.

How can I change the default answer to “Yes” or better yet how about a way to just create the shortcut without asking me for confirmation? Like I said, I already clicked “create-a-shortcut” in the right click menu, it must mean I want to.

Anybody know of a “hack” I can use to change this bogus default ?

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate and Internet Explorer 9.

1. cocoafla

Wow, I'm still looking for an answer to my question ....help
    A Tilman, sorry that won't work alot of times because I'll be somewhere like Craigslist and I'll want to save an listing for computer parts or for a job or a car etc. etc. and when I right click on it to create a shortcut, the default answer is always "no" and I have to mouse over to the "yes" button.
    I know its not a big delay to some people but it slows me down when I'm creating 30 shortcuts in an hour for searhing through later on a related item offered.

2. Tilman

Hi Brian!

I have an idea! :) If you don't have your browser window maximized, just drag the small icon of the web page just on the left side of the URL directly to your desktop! I tested it and it seems to work quite well.

Cheers,

Tilman