Why does Shockwave Flash crash routinely when using Google Chrome?
Question by Prabal Sarkar /

When using Google Chrome, often the statement appears:
“The following plug-in has crashed : Shockwave Flash”

What does it mean? And what should I do now?

• Mechiel

I am so sick of the almost daily routine of having to deal w/shockwave flash crashes….thinking………should I just dump google chrome? Is it really worth it? I can’t seem to get through anything….video has just gotten to be a CHORE.

• Jennie Hill

Shock wave flash plug in has been crashed for a couple of months now, can anyone help me get it “un-crashed”?

• mykintexas

Happens every day on Chrome, but NEVER,NEVER happens with Firefox!!

• Tjnf68

Chrome is downloading much Spyware and making it part of the terms of use. I am very unhappy with chrome because the failure rate is extremely high. Even if you know what you are doing it is a flawed program with hostile updates that activate antivirus controls. That is why the refresh works a couple of times. After that it will crash hard for anyone. Eventually chrome will destroy your system. Sorry but it is true.

Thank you for sharing your solution!

• ~ TINY ~

Hello y’all   I seem to have a TINY problem….

i’ve been useing explorer since the day i started useing a puter 8-9 yrs now appr. up until the security changed started,thats when explorer started getting too much of a hassle & wasteing time for the same issuses over & over again…3 different grey boxes asking the same freeeking annoying questions that shouldnt be asked after one time,we hardly have time to be online…they slap little gray boxes in our way ith the  wasted time thats maddening, we havent much time to waste waiting for it to  do that everytime we click on something we r asked if we are sure we want to click yes…yes is likely going to interfer with  bllaaa blaaa bla… click no and half ur page is blocked out… well something to the same affect…..whats the smalles,fastest,non problamatic and free browser should i try out…i had explorer…now google chrome constantly crashing shockwave…Min. a day ( 24hrs. 20 – 30 times at least!!.  I SWEAR….) Its gotten  to be annoying &  stressful.Im not wasteing my time on google chrome no more…so tell me which ones do u suggest i try???

FREEWARE plz….lolollll…

Thx…
                       Tiny… :p(

• Gail

I’m fully updated on all the flashes and shockwave still crashes. So Wrong!!!

• Mjevolve

one of the very common causes of this is ….that

some times opening / running too many windows / tabs with embedded flash content can also crash the flash plug in .

or 

if you are multi tasking and the CPU is already overloaded ( like during media conversion ) , playing / running a single flash content , like a Youtube video , can also cause the plugin to crash .

why ? because , Flash itself is cpu eater ..

just check your cpu load through task manager  when the plug in crashes 

I just noticed that, you don’t need to update chrome, automatic update is set by bedault on chrome.
    All you have to do is, re installing/updating flash player after removing the browser cookies.