How can I share a wireless internet connection in Windows?

ayman February 14, 2010

I’m connected to the internet through my friend’s wireless network.
The question: can I share my internet connection with another PC in my house? I don’t want to buy a wireless NIC for the other PC.

Do you have a LAN card. If you do, you could bridge that and the wireless card together, and share your internet to the rest of your house through a cable. Or, if you have a router, plug the cable into that, and you should be able to share the internet from there.

So you have (Nextdoor Wireless) To (Wireless Card in your PC) Then (bridge them together) then (lan cable from your computer to your router) which allows you to (share the internet)

Hi,
    You can, and there are a few ways to do this. However, you need to network cards. ie one for a LAN cable, and a wireless one (or one of each). Then in Network Connections, you have to bridge the two network cards together. Usually by selecting both, right clicking and choosing bridge. By doing so, the two networks will be joined together.

Another way is to create an Ad-Hoc network and connect directly to other computer. However, off memory, I think you can only have one active wireless session per wireless card - but you can do this if the internet comes through the LAN.

In short, the answer is yes, but it is to hard to writeup a detailed solution here, especially since you never mentioned your Operating System.

• ayman

thanks jackcola

i have win XP profession edition ,
      the main idea ...i don't want to buy another wirless LAN card ....
      and want to use my friend network at the same time ....

buying a new wirless card is the last solution i will do ...
      thanks again