How do I “share” things using the iOS Facebook app?
Question by Clara Olson /

On Facebook mobile on my iPhone 4 I cannot find a way to “share” things with others (like you can do on the website). For instance, if someone posts a link I cannot “share” (post it to my timeline or to a friend’s or send in a private message) whereas all of these options are available when using a computer.

So I am curious whether there is a way to do this on the mobile app for my iPhone 4? Thanks!

• Camilla Harris

I have an I phone 4 and have never down loaded updates. Want to use iOS3
    and need to add this to my phone. Please advise….
    Thank you so much.
    C Harris

You can update your iPhone via iTunes only as the update is bigger and Apple never allows bigger updates via 3G connection.Although,you can update your phone via Wi-Fi too.Apple servers will update your iPhone to latest version only i.e. iOS 6.

Visit the link below to know how to update your phone using iTunes –

http://www.imore.com/how-update-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch-ios-6-itunes

Note :- Since after iOS6,Apple has removed Google maps,you need to download it from the app store after updating your phone.

• aelaos

if you want to share a post , press the post and it will present you to page that is linked with . In the right bottom corner there is a button , press it and you will share the post . You cannot shara statuses yet , only links

• punkrockscience

You really can’t – there is no share button. The workaround I’ve found is to copy or save the picture or link, post it, and credit the original poster or page in the post. (Not sure how well this would work with, say, Makeuseof giveaways.
    Alternatively, if you go to m.facebook.com in Safari, you can choose to see the full site (the option is at the very bottom of the page) and then your share button comes back.

How to share a post from the Facebook iOS app –

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57448245-285/how-to-share-a-post-from-the-facebook-ios-app/

Also,check whether you are using updated version of Facebook so that you’ll get faster navigation.

• Clara Olson

My phone says it has the latest 5.0 version(yet when I go to my settings and check it says it has Version 40121)

If I understand you correctly, the only way to share is from “My homepage”, NOT my newsfeed page? I experimented and that is the only way I can “share” with the app version that I have on my iphone4.

You have the latest version and you had understood correctly about sharing a post.Facebook has promised that in future,it’ll bring out its app which will be faster and not based on HTML5.

You can always check for updated version by going to iPhone app store.