How can I share an internet connection in Ubuntu via WiFi and connect to it on my Android tablet?

gpvprasad April 20, 2012

I have an Ubuntu laptop to which I connect to internet via mobile phone. Recently, I got an Android tablet with just WiFi.

Now I want to make my laptop as bridge (using WiFi), so that I can connect from my Android to internet via laptop. Please help me if any suggestions.
I tried these instructions, but still WiFi is not working for me.

1. gpvprasad

I found a alternative by connecting via USB dongle.

Looks like my android funbook doesn't support hotdog feature.

2. Susendeep Dutta
  3. Carpenter__RichardCarpenter

If you are using Ubuntu 11.10 I would recommend using the built in hotspot feature. This will create a full virtual wireless access point... The only catch to this is that your wireless driver has to support Master Mode to do this.

First you open up Network Settings. 

Second you then should have a option for wireless. From here select "Use as Hotspot..."

From here you should be able to set your settings as you want.

To do this with my phone I had to disable IPv6, it would not it will not connect. It just endless ask the password.