How can I share my internet connection in a MPLS VPN using a router?

Anjan Seal March 12, 2011

I have a leased line Internet connection and I want to share it in a MPLS VPN through a router. This MPLS VPN I am using is configured by an ISP namely Aircel. How can I implement my plan ?

1. Suyog Narkhede

we r planning to setup the mpls vpn in different location from mumbai to delhi to ghorashal to dhaka...How can I implement this?????

• Adsarkar

We are into this field for so long successful time
      get me at   adsarkar@in.com

Anjan,

were you able to figure out the VPN router setup? Did it work out?

You have VPN connection and a DIA (Dedicated Internet Access) connection. Others have VPN connection but does not have Internet access. Customer needs to configure a local area network (LAN) to inter-connect the VPN and DIA customer premises equipment (CPE).

create one network rule in configuration-
    configuration - Networks - Networks Rules like below

Rule name - internel - computer (mpls router ip) - route(network relaionship)

Access Rule
    Name - Allow - HTTP,HTTPS etc.. (require protocols) - internel - computer sets (configured application IPs)

.

Basically you are looking at Routing challenge (or problem) - all you have to do is point all routes from one VPN Endpoint to the other one with the leased line

Simplified look at the setup
    leased line VPN Endpoint 1 VPN Endpoint 2 Clients

1. point all Clients default routes to VPN Endpoint 2 (default Gateway = Endpoint 2)
    2. point all routes from Endpoint 2 to Endpoint 1 (this should already be the default)
    3. point the default route from Endpoint 1 to the Gateway of the leased line

How this can be realized depends on the Setup and Routing capabilities of the VPN Endpoints. The real challenge is to make sure that local traffic e.g. a print job to a LAN Printer or File Server doesn't get routed all across the VPN connection and back to the origin location.

Depending on your access level and knowledge of the VPN Endpoint and Routing you may want to consult with Aircel to get this working correctly.