How can I share files with friends, can you recommend a private P2P program?

Keith March 26, 2011

I was just wondering what would be the best peer-to-peer program, when I just want to send files to certain friends. I know Skype and Live Messenger allow you to send files, but if something goes wrong with the transfer, you have to start all over again. So I want to find a P2P program that is:
-Private (able to send files you only people I know)
-Easy to use (for my friends)
-Can continue paused, or incomplete transfers
-Trusted (no spyware, or viruses)

1. Hozefa KB

If you are looking for transfers which can be paused and resumed, then i suggest you sign up on one of the public torrent trackers (E.g. isohunt.com), create a torrent for your file and upload it to the tracker website. Your friends don't have to sign up to download it.
    Then send this link to your friends and they will be able to download files from you.
    However, your upload will be public, which means that if someone stumbles upon your file through search, they can download it.
    You and your friends will need a P2P client (that is, if you don't have one already). I recommend utorrent.
    you will also need a fast broadband connection with good upload speed.

I hope this helps.
    Let me know if you have any queries.

2. Keiththewolf

Well, I was hoping for something direct, yet if the transfer is interrupted, then you can try again, and not have to start over. But maybe such a program doesn't exist.

Keith,

I second Dropbox, suggested above.

Please let us know what worked for you or whether you are looking for a different solution. Thank you!