How can I share someone else’s wall post with the official Facebook app for Android?

Iric Siegert March 31, 2012

I’ve been wrestling with the Facebook app on Android. I haven’t figured out how to share someone else’s wall post on my wall. I can do it with other Facebook apps, but not the official app. What’s the secret to doing this?

1. AScorso

Log onto fb using your phone's web browser. The mobile website will probably come up; delete the "m" at the beginning of the web address to go to the normal site. The "share" function is then available!

2. Alisha tushingham

If you want to share a friends wall photo on your phone you open the picture to full view and then hold your finger down until it says save photo or cancel. Then you save the photo and repost it on your own wall.

3. Twyztyd

Install the facebook app and firefox for android. use firefox to view facebook , tap and hold pic or link and option to share link comes up click share and the app to share it with .... may have to hit back browser button to get back to your wall .

4. M.J.P. de Boer

When you tap on the foto it wil get bigger. Than tap on the 3 dots below and u can share.......

5. Alaa Mazhar

Try to access facebook using Opera 12 . In the advanced setting use Desktop instead of mobile . By doing so you will be able to access facebook as you do on your pc. no known apps for Android is allowing what you need. i tried all known ones and they do not do it.

• Sujoy Dey

Thanks buddy.. Nice Tips..

6. Jackie

I don't get how I can set my status as my friends status without rewriting it on an iPhone does anyone else know how?

7. Shulace

Not sure about posts and links, but to share other people’s photos, press the menu button and share. Then choose which app you want to share with.

8. cicas

Well sharing photo via my "menu share button" downloads the original photo to my phone and then uploads it to my profile.. very clever:)

9. thewhitesoul

This option is also available in the stock android browsers 2.2 and above

• Mohammed Munawar uddin

not sure if u can do it directly with your name but its easy when it is done by another way that is..if its the foto you wanna share of some one elz.download it and upload it.than ur name will be there

10. rami

I found a simple way. Dowload dolphin hd browser and from its setting choose» user agent» desktop

11. tyler phillips

Y

12. tyler phillips

I am a csr at a Sprint call center and believe it or not I can't tell you how many calls we get to troubleshoot facebook! WE ARE NOT FACEBOOK! lol Anyways I have been doing some research and all the documents available to me for the devices we support ( androids, iphones, windows and blackberrys) all say the same about the fb apps. Not all functions fb supports are available on smartphones. The only devices that support all functions ironicly are feature phones and the blackberry style. ( the dumb smart phone clambshell bb). I just came on trying to find a work around for these calls I get but sadly for customers there isn't a recommended fix. ( besides rooting and I don't recommend doing so. Oh sorry window based droids do have the full fb available.)

13. Dave

Nope, the menu share page will post the webpage you are brewing, but does not "share" the original facebook user's post- myself, I want to "share" others' facebook post,not just post websites

14. Jfkountz

The "menu" "share " functions are not available on my Android facebook app.
    I've been stumped by this question myself.

15. BillyJackHD

Hope that helps.

16. BillyJackHD

Press menu, select more, select share page.

• Roger Shmigel

umm, thats for the mobile web app, not the actual facebook app