Can you help me setting up an Excel sheet?

Harry Doroba March 2, 2012

I have a workbook with 2 sheets on one sheet called, Race 1 I have a cell L29.
On the other sheet called, Profit and Intro I have a cell E12 It gets its data from Race 1 L29.
I want to be able to reset the Race 1 L29 cell to ‘0’ without it resetting the E12 cell, but rather leaving the data value as it is until I reset it another time.
Thank you for taking the time reading this.

If you are using a formula in [Profit and Intro]!E12 such as =[Race 1]!L29 to do what you describe (getting its data from the second page), any time you reset the L29 cell, it will be immediately reflected in the other page.  To do what you are describing for the reset action, you would need to create a macro to put the value into E12 when you want it there and another macro could be written to perform the reset operation.  Let me know if this is what you want and I can provide the necessary macros to do it.

• Harry Doroba

Hello Bruce yes that's just what I need. That would be great if you could do that for me. thanks.
      And just one other thing when you have sorted it for me how do I close this thred? It's my first time here and I havent had to do that yet.
      Thanks again Bruce.
      Harry