How can I set up Yahoo Mail on my Droid Samsung Mobile for free?

Charlie June 14, 2010

My new cell phone is a Samsung Moment Droid. I set up my AOL and GMail eMail accounts with no problems. I tried to set up my Yahoo eMail account and it tells me I must pay Yahoo for a premium service. This was not the case with my Blackberry. Any suggestions??

Charlie,

were you able to set up Yahoo Mail on your phone? Let us know which strategy worked for you. Thank you!

2. Ryan Dube

There is a free app, I believe it's called simply Yahoo, on the Android Market, that allows you to access Yahoo mail on your Android phone. It isn't the greatest - as it's sort of an embedded web browser - but the nice thing about it is that once you set up your credentials it'll auto-login and display your emails. It will refresh whenever you click "Check."

Also, there's an app on the market I just heard about called "ROID - Get Yahoo Mail" that is also free...but I haven't tried it yet so can't vouch for how well it works.

Good luck!

3. Glosac

You will need to try a third party application like MailDroid which can be found on the market.