How can I set up my router with an Airtel Boradband connection?

Aksgan September 15, 2011

I bought an Asus rt-32 router for my Airtel broadband with BeeTel ADSL2+modem. My devices connect to the router, but there is no internet connection. Also my router indicates WAN connection, but no data transfer. Help!

1. Dhiraj Gaurh

Hello,
      Both of them have the same IP address that is always the problem, login to your asus router (read it's manual) by DIRECTLY connecting it to your PC via ethernet. I guess the LAN side IP would be 192.168.1.1 (usually). Then change the LAN side IP of Asus router to 192.168.100.1, Voila. That is it. You are done. Login to your modem, it's LAN side subnet should NOT be 192.168.100.x (usually never the defualt anyway). The WAN side ethernet port of your Asus will be connected to modem and get a DHCP address from modem. That will be in 192.168.1.x range. The LAN side of your Asus will be connected to your PC and will give out DHCP addresses in subnet 192.168.100.x. Don't worry if you use wifi, same instructions apply. Instead of accessing Asus over ethernet u can access via wifi but the IP you get will still be in subnet 192.168.100.x

• Aksgan

thank u,that worked :)

Dhiraj,

this answer could have earned you a prize. Unfortunately, you did not use a valid email address, so I can not contact you this time and I don't like to go through unsolicited ways of contacting people. Maybe next time?

Is this a dial-in connection or does the modem connect to the internet automatically (on activity or always-on). Also, do you have an internet connection if you connect directly to the BeeTel modem? 

If the modem dials in automatically and you do have internet connectivity while connected directly to the BeeTel modem then there is something wrong with the RT-32 setup for example the WAN settings could be wrong (wrong IP Adress or Gateway) or the DNS-Servers and Gateway address provided to your clients could be wrong.