How can I set a picture as tiled wallpaper in Windows?
Question by shore patrol /

I recently obtained a picture to use as my desktop background, but it was a jpeg without enough pixels to be suitable.

While beginning to perform another task my finger(s) struck another key(s) and said picture was installed but in the original size until it filled the entire screen, maybe 64 small pictures. Does someone know how I did it? I liked the effect but cannot duplicate it.

And to the person who responded to my question about my fax, thank you, your answer did not correct the problem, but it led me to the solution. I did not have the set up wizard installed totally correct for my platform.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

Answer (1)

SP,

I can not tell you which key combination you clicked, but as the title of your question reveals, what you created was a tiled wallpaper.

You should be able to reproduce that by going into your desktop preferences.

In Windows XP:
    Right-click desktop and select > Preferences.
    In the window that pops up switch to the > Desktop tab.
    Select your preferred image or > Browse… for it.
    On the right, the > Position pull-down menu will become available, select > Tile.

In Windows 7:
    Right-click desktop and select > Customize.
    From the window that pops up, click > Desktop Background in the bottom left.
    Now select your desired picture or > Browse… for it.
    From > Picture position in the bottom left select > Tile.

That’s it! Let us know whether it worked for you.