How can I set up a phone interview with high quality sound for broadcasting and recording?

Bev Mackey November 24, 2010

What do I need to setup to interview someone by phone in order to get quality sound suitable for broadcast? How do I best record it? Do I use Skype Recorder or is there some other software available? I am new to this, but need to interview someone for a radio broadcast.

1. Eric

I've used Call Recorder for Skype by Ecamm (http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/) on multiple occasions and been very pleased with the quality of the audio and video.

2. Josh Fox

If you have Skype available, you can use it to record the conversation. I've seen and heard where this has been done for podcasts with some minor editing with free software such as Audacity to prepare it for broadcast. Some other free services that let you record voice chats online are Google Talk, and if you already had an account before Google bought it, Gizmo5 is a pretty nice program along the same lines.