How can I set up multiple Google profiles for personal and professional use?

Dan Davidson July 10, 2011

How can I set up two or more profiles (business and personal) and manage them so that content does not overlap when I want to keep it separate?

Dan,

was the solution suggested by Joshua helpful? Please let us know. Thank you!

2. J. Lockhart

Hi, Dan. I'm going to assume that you are wanting to create multiple Google+ profiles. 

What I would suggest right off the bat is placing your business colleagues and your personal friends in separate circles. When you would like to share information with only your business colleagues, only share it with that circle, and do so likewise for your personal friends. This reduces the need for two separate profiles, but I can see where you would fear the two overlapping.

For two separate accounts, this would be as easy as making another Gmail account. Since you can send Google+ invites to anyone, this would be simple. Just make a business Gmail account, and forward yourself an invite (if you already have a Google+ profile).

Granted, this will be a little harder on you, but the settings of Google itself allows you to switch easily between multiple accounts. You just have to enable "Multiple sign-in" on both accounts, and you're good to go. Just go to your settings by clicking on your Gmail/Name in the top right corner of any Google page.I've provided you some pictures that might help you out.