How do I set up a MP3 ecommerce site with photos and membership on WordPress?

Shay November 1, 2011

I am looking to set up an MP3 store on WordPress. Any suggestions? I also need to make this whole site membership protected. Any suggestions.

The "members" plugin, which I recently added to the best of wordpress plugins page here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-wordpress-plugins

will handle restrciting content to members only. 

There's also a few ecommerce packages mentioned there which can handle digital goods such as mp3 downloads for you, but you might not be able to combine the two. 

Which is you want? Members only downloads, or an mp3 store? 

• Shaymehan

I want a members only website that is an MP3 store. So they have to have a member ship before they can even buy from the store..... Membership is free....

Well, that combination of plugins will handle what you're describing. But, the only possible reason you would want to do this is if you were peddling illegal mp3 content, in which case I wouldn't bother. 

Restrciting content to members only prevents google from indexing it, so chances are you'll never get any incoming traffic from google becuase you're hiding everything, and you'd only get customers through word of mouth.

Why exactly do you want only members to see the content? That's like setting up a retail store, locking the door, then setting up a street trader outside who customers need to go see before they get the key. It's just silly.

• Dave Haertel

Love your honesty James.

I am new 7 months into developing what I thought would be a no brainer. so I dont need membership, cool one less thing..I wish there was a way to intergrate a sample player in my theme I am sure there is, just got to figure out the code..I am really enjoying this but..I got to start making some money..

Dave