How can I set up some kind of sharing environment?

Vampie September 21, 2011

My GF is responsible for all kinds of documents that they use on her job.
These documents get mailed to a certain GMail address.

Now we would like to set up something like this:
A person mails a document to work@gmail.com.
The attachment would need to get shared somehow, so that everybody (from work) automatically can access all the mailed documents.

I’ve tried Dropbox, but you can only share per document and not per folder.
To share with Sugarsync, you need to have a Sugarsync account, and we can’t ask from everybody to create a Sugarsync account.

So what would be a good way to email documents to a GMail (or other email provider/service) and get them shared automatically?

1. CGW3

Another way or looking at it could be set your work@gmail.com mailbox to forward to everyone you want to receive the email/document. 
    That means you all receive the email/document and do not need to rely on 3rd party sites/apps to view the documents.If you wanted to share the same document and make alterations, you could look at Google Docs, where you can share/edit the same document across different people.If you only wanted certain emails, then set up a Filter in GMail to decide which emails go to everyone/certain people, they are nice and easy to setup.

2. Osama

microsoft skydrive is a very good option for sharing

You can share folders on Microsoft's SkyDrive and my sister, who does not have a Windows Live ID, is able to access my documents there.  To slectively share with anyone else, they just need to be in your contact list.

4. Vampie

Hi Andrew,
    You you can, but then the other user also needs a dropbox account.

I don't want all her collegues to create  dropbox account that they won't use.

I want to share without the need of having to create an account at any service.

I'll have a look at ifttt.com :-)

5. Andrew Morrison

you can share folders in DropBox - not just files.

alternately, if you use ifttt.com you can set up a task when an email arrives from a certain location - to do something with it. Save the file in DropBox, re-email it, tweet a link etc.