How can I set up a HP printer with TRENDnet wireless?

ken smith November 19, 2010

I can not get my computer to see the HP 4P printer attached wirelessly to a TRENDnet wireless adapter. It will send a test print page when I open the file to set the printer, but it does not see the printer when I look for it under printers to select for printing.

1. Ken Smith

Your computer does send a test page to the printer and the page prints successfully. However, you do not see this printer as an option when you try to print something else.

True statement.

I used their intstructions that came with the unit by pluging in the unit to the printer, attaching a cable from it to the wireless modem, and then a power supply to the unit, and then open up the file from their CD that set the IP address for the device. Then it gave me the option to print a test page and I clicked on it and it printed. When I try to print I can not see the printer to select it. I even went to the utilities and tried to add a printer and asked it (WIN XP) to search for computers on the network to add and it is not there. Hope this helps.

I will go try to find the Trendnet knowledge base.

Ken,

this is just to clarify whether or not I understood your question.

How did you install the printer? Did you try to add it manually? Which version of Windows are you using?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with TRENDnet. Did you check their Knowledge Base?