How can I set up a new Google account without a phone number?
Question by HannibalCat /

I don’t own a mobile phone and I have no wish to share my home number with Google, but if my account is locked for any reason that is how I would have to go about unlocking it. Or if I wanted to create a new account.

Is there a way around this? Could I install Skype and have them send me the text to that?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Ariel Abbey

i don”t like when Google is not accepting Nigeria Numbers, interns of account Verification. all what we see is not supported, plz try and do something if really you like Nigerians tankz

I don’t know where the people that say you don’t need a phone to get a google account are getting theirs. They must not have tried recently. We’ve tried several times every which way somebody on different sites suggested and you can’t get around it now. Uf somebody does find a way it would be great if you could share it. There’s other ways of verifying besides a phone, that’s plain foolish. We’ve never had a google account so it isn’t because we are spammers like the one person said, which is extremely ignorant to even make that kind of statement about something they have no knowledge of. I just looked at their website and it EXPLICITLY said you have to have a phone number now. Like someone else said, there’s other providers out there that aren’t so unreasonable and they don’t seem to have a problem with excessive spamming.

• Teddyphillips

I need my phone bad i forgot my googl account password

• VictorGeis

I would just go in the direction of using an alternative email address. You could also create a google voice account (get a phone number) and then use a VOIP client.

• Amit Sinha

I am in India and try sign up for gmail without phone number and I got one, I just leave empty the field for cell number. After creating gmail you can just login to any Google Services and create a profile there

• Rob Hindle

Although as others have said, you can have a google account without a phone number, if you do want a phone number for this or other purposes, you could get a free VOIP phone number from (for example, there are others).

Of course the number isn’t much use unless you can use it so…
    use the sipgate voicemail service (dial in to collect messages) or use a softphone on your PC, or connect a VOIP phone to your internet router.

• Victoria Doman

Under neath the phone number thing it should say optional you dont have to put it in i didnt but if you do they only send you texts and stuff if you forget your password or something.

• venkatp16

i think mobile number is optional… and gmail has someother recovery techniques but not sending password to mobile phones

• Ujwal Adhikari

If you are using any other email services apart from Gmail then you can ask your friends to invite you to on gmail on that email address and then you can use that invitation to create new gmail account without your phone number.

• ferdinan Sitohang

Just skip when it ask you about phone number. About unlocking if there is something wrong, you can just add a secondary email address to your google account, so if there is something wrong, you will be notified to your secondary email address.