How can I set up my fingerprint as a password on my iPhone?
Question by Keshab acharya /

I want to make my fingerprint the password for my iPhone. What do I need to do for that? Please answer me.

• simon

• Zoe Wilson

Liar I tried you can not do it you can look but if wont work sorry losers????????????????????

• Winta Addisu

Why do I have to be so mean Zoe
      They were just asking
      U don’t have call people names

Gosh what’s ur problem

• Winta Addisu

U have to be so mean

• Jenniebentley

how can i get my figerprint has my password on my  dell laptop cuase i like it and i am trying to get it strat but i can’t do it

• Bob

U have to jailbreak it there is no app mine is jail broken and I can go it

• Kevynav

try looking in cydia android lock. you can use an android passcode lock and if you have the normal passcode on it will be asking you when you unlock it. so, if you do it correctly you will have an iphone with android lockscreen and the iphone lock at same time (if running in ios 4 or higher you con turn simple passcode off and have a letter number combination longer than 4 digits

• Suryaketu

Dude ! mike is right thats best way of protection in iPhone.

• Abcsender

I tried but this stupid lie, didn’t work by me either

I agree with the previous answers.

But with iOS 4.2.1 (maybe older versions too) you can activate complex passcodes. To enable complex passcodes:
    1. go to Settings > General
    2. open Passcode Lock
    3. deactivate Simple Passcode (off)
    4. click on Turn Passcode On

Now you can specify a passcode with numbers, letters, some special characters and longer than 4 characters!

• fruitgeek

I don’t think that is currently possible. The touchscreen wouldn’t be sensitive enough to detect a fingerprint pattern accurately, and you know Apple never releases something until it is perfect. :-)

I’m pretty sure there are other lockscreen passcode solutions if you jailbreak, but fingerprint is not one of them.

• Josh Fox

In short, you can’t. There are some apps that make it look like you can, but the screen can’t do a scan. It *could* be possible for the camera to be used for something like face recognition, but that would probably take a considerable amount of hacking and a jailbroken phone. I haven’t seen anything available that can do this and chances are, it probably won’t happen.

However, I’m not sure what kinds of accessories might be available that could provide the function, but since accessories can be removed and a fingerprint scanner would more than likely drain the batter, it wouldn’t be ideal.