How can I set a default landing page on a Facebook page?

Abhijit January 10, 2012

I am the admin of a Facebook page and I have more than 10k fans. But I still don’t see any option to set a default landing page under Manage Permissions. Please help! The page is listed as a product (website).

1. Cre8tvnrg

I agree! I am also trying to do this and all FAQs say that the option is within Manage Permissions - and I've seen it in the past - SOMETHING has changed! Does anyone know why and how we can set our default landing page in Facebook now?

• Cre8tvnrg

I see the screen shot of another commenter but mine is different - something definitely has changed!

• Cre8tvnrg

Just read Mari Smith's article - this option is not available anymore except for users with 10k + fans -- LAME!

2. Abhijit Agarwal

Thank you all for your comments.
    It's not there in the manage permissions.. I guess it's a facebook bug that I can't fix.. :(

3. Jay.0

If it does not show it, then it can't.
    As I said in the previous question,
    it was for the pages before 2011.

There are some people with more than 10,000 fans who does not have this option.
    http://www.marismith.com/facebook-nixes-default-landing-tab-option

As facebook is providing default landing pages now to any page,

You can start a new page,
    or
    Contact facebook, and ask if they can add the option to your page.

Hello, this is how you could do it:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=189379477769399

• Jay.0

He told that, There is no option for default landing tab in the manage permission options of his page.

Hello, if you read his description, he doesn't say there is no option for default landing tab, he says "he doesn't see any option to set a default page under manage permissions."  I guess I am not going to comment on any facebook postings anymore....you are the expert.

• Jay.0

Ok, I don't know the difference between both,
          I just asked you to help if you know what to do when there is no default landing tab option.

Because I also did not know that even pages with more than 10,000 fand face this problem,
          but then I found that article which says it is a fault from facebook because some pages with 10k fans does not have the option, and some with less than 10k members does.

Nobody can expertize anything.

5. Craig Snyder

You should be seeing this in the settings: http://i.imgur.com/rZQek.png

I'm pretty confident that there's really no other way to change your default page.