How can I set a custom home page with Chrome for Android?
Question by Nancy Graziano /

Is there a way to configure a home page on Chrome for Android?

I loaded ICS on my HP TouchPad and am using Chrome. But there is no “wrench” button (nor a “home” button) and I see no way to point Chrome to a custom home page.

From what I have read on the Google Chrome Forum for Android, this is a common deficiency in Chrome on Android. But with all the brain power here, I am hoping someone has a way to set my own home page (and display a “home” button as well).

• siamak maleki

I losed my history data and my chrome home paje in my mobil (sumsung Galaxi3)

• Sulochana Mishra

Thank you for informaiotion

• Nancy Graziano

Thank you both (Tony and Kannon) for your replies. You have both confirmed what I was able to learn on my own.

My bookmarks have already synced – I have three folders, so making use of this is definitely a possibility for me. I will also look into loading Opera – I have used that before many years (and versions) ago.

Hopefully, going forward, the brainpower behind Chrome will add the “Home Page” feature/ability to future upgrades – to me, this is one of those basic features that should be included in just about any browser out there today.

THANKS again for your replies and letting me know that I was not missing something obvious…

• Kannon Y

I don’t think it’s possible to display a home button in Chrome for Android, and to my knowledge the browser isn’t extensible at all (you can’t install extensions). However, most of what you are asking for is entirely possible using the Bookmarks feature. I’d like to point out that Chrome basically sucks for Android. There are far better browsers out there that by default do most of what you want it to do.

However, half-measures do exist.
    Basically, you go into Chrome and choose “bookmarks” from the main menu (hit the menu button). Once you’re in book marks, three kinds of bookmark options show up at the bottom of the screen. I believe it’s something like, Desktop, Mobile and Frequent.

Desktop appears if you’ve already sync’d your desktop bookmarks to the browser. Anyway, this part is basically a customized homepage. I suggest organizing your links by folder. It makes it a lot easier to interact with in this particular type of style.

• Tony Batty

Nancy, would you care to read this page and see if anything in there will related to the problems you face with you ICS and Chrome settings.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/chrome/1aS5_8tMDR0