Why is the session manager not appearing in Tab Mix Plus (Firefox plug-in)?

Uri February 3, 2010

When I installed Tab Mix Plus in the past, it had this great feature, session manager, that would allow me to open multiple windows with one click.

But I recently installed it on my laptop which I had reformatted, and it no longer appears.

Is there anything I can do?

1. Jaewon

See if you turned on the option "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session".
    It is in [Tools] - [Option] - [Privacy].
    Session manager doesn't work if that option is checked.

2. Mohnish Thallavajhula

Which version of firefox are you using?

• Uri

Mohnish, sorry for taking so long to reply.

I'm using version 3.5.7

3. Mohnish Thallavajhula

Hey Uri.
    Here is what you might want to do to get back the Tab Mix Plus Session manager feature:
    1. From the menu bar, go to "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Tabs" -> "Tab Mix Plus Options" -> "Session".
    2. Check the option "Session Manager" and uncheck the option "Use Firefox's built-in System Restore feature".
    3. Click on Apply, then Ok.
    That's pretty much it. You must now have Tab Mix Plus's Session manager working.
    Here is a screenshot just in case.
    http://goo.gl/bvc9
    :)

• Uri

Mohnish ,

Thanks, but I tried that. I even tried closing down Firefox and restarting, and it does show correctly that session manager is enabled, but I don't see it under "Tools".

Any other ideas?