Is there a service that will print and post a PDF form?

Arnold February 16, 2012

Is there a service that will print and post a PDF form that I have downloaded and completed on my PC?

ViaPost will print and post letters, but if I fill in a form on my PC and send it to ViaPost, it always comes out blank. Is there any such service that can cope with completed forms?

Thanks for your responses everybody. As some people are suggesting alternatives, I would point out that ViaPost can do it if I print the form and re-scan it, so it is an image, but I find that a bit of a pain as I do not have a printer.

Is there any other way I could convert it to an image file, so ViaPost would not have a problem with the fonts and flattening?

• Karkala Nayak

Hello chattyman,
      Sorry, If the above links were not appropriate to what you wanted..But now for this question, There is a way of converting your PDF file to image. you can use an online tool
      http://www.convertpdftoimage.com/ 
      AND this also;
      http://pdf2jpg.net/ 

I hope it helped..
      :)

I reckon they will solve my problem Narkala. Thanks very much. I will give them a try.

Hello, you could also take a picture of form to convert to image.  You would have to edit it though.  It also depends on your photographic skills.

Hello, if you completed the form already, you could just attached the form to an email and send it that way.  If you can not fill the form in your computer, print it, fill it and then scan it to your computer.  Once that is done, attach it to a email.

Yes I agree that emailing a document is easier than sending by post. If there was an email address to send the form to, I would always do so.

best to ask ViaPost for info

Yes, this would obviously be the most sensible thing to do, and was the first thing I did, back in 2010. They simply replied that they cannot do it because the font that Adobe typewriter uses is not embedded and the form needs to be flattened, otherwise their printers cannot cope with it. Hence my post.

4. Karkala Nayak

Hello Arnold,

I can understand your problem and here is the solution
    :)
    Try this PDF online form filler
    Here is the link::
    http://www.pdfescape.com 

Go to this website::

Register First and then once registered upload your document and Fill the form by clicking on 'TEXT button' on the left side...
    Once filled then click the download button on the side(The two green down arrows)

I have attached a picture see it OK

I hope this Helped
    :) 

Hi Karkala - Thanks for the ideas. I don't believe Royal Mail offers such a service, and I couldn't see anything appropriate on the endicia web site either. pdffiller lookks very good where faxing is an option, but I never need to  send forms to the USA.

5. Mulder

I guess I don't understand the question. If it's a fillable PDF form, why can't you just print it out and mail it yourself, or email it to them?

Why do you think you have not understood the question?

Yes, you are absolutely correct that, if I lived in a country with a decent postal service, I could post my letters and forms, but even if I did, I find it much easier to use email and other electronic methods than the postal service, which many people find time-consuming and old fashioned. I do not believe I am alone in this, as ViaPost and other companies have  other customers besides me. Unfortunately, some organisations do not accept emails and I am hoping to be able to use modern technology to get round this problem. Hence my question.

• Mulder

Gee, I thought email was modern technology, but apparently some companies still live in the dark ages.

Have you considered saving the PDF form after you fill it in and then faxing it using a free Internet fax service (assuming it's 2 pages or less)?

Funnily enough, email is not even  that modern any more. There are adults now who have grown up with email.

The UK government tax department does not accept emails because they want to make it harder to contact them. Some companies only accept claims by letter for the same reason.

I'll have a go at converting to jpg, as suggested by Karkala. I think that will be the easiest solution.

Thanks for the suggestion.